Call for LamazeLIVE! 2019 Speakers
You're invited to submit a proposal to speak at LamazeLIVE! 2019, April 11-13 in Pittsburgh, PA!
This year, we are accepting presentations on the following topics:
- Breastfeeding: The childbirth educator's role in establishing and continuing breastfeeding.
- The Value of Childbirth Education: Research and/or data that shows the correlation between childbirth education and birth outcomes or evidence of the value of childbirth education.
- Complications: Teaching strategies for interventions and complications that get through to tuned-out parents expecting a normal birth.
- Partner Education: Preparing loved ones, spouses and caretakers for pregnancy, birth and beyond.
- Postpartum Health: Ways a childbirth educator can support postpartum maternal health.
- Pregnancy FAQs: Evidence-based answers to the most common pregnancy questions (Ex: Can I dye my hair? Paint my nails? What are the effects of legal drug use, vaping, environmental exposures, etc.?)
- Other: Have expertise on a topic outside of these areas? Select the "Other" option when submitting.
Back by popular demand, the conference will feature a variety of presentation styles:
- Mainstage: Short (15-minute) TEDTalk-style presentations that move fast. Mainstage speakers are passionate about the topic they're presenting and can tell a story or illustrate a point clearly and quickly.
- Learning Zones: Hands-on and interactive, these 45-minute presentations actively involve attendees with props, tools, models, exercises, and more, ensuring that they leave with new skills and activities they can immediately put into practice.
- Keynote: These traditional, 60-minute presentations inspire and energize attendees and start conversations that will be continued during the Discussion Lab that will immediately follow.
Submit Before August 17
Ready to share your expertise? Submit your speaker proposal now!
Wait! It looks like you’re not logged in. Click here to log in or create a guest account, then click the button below.
Submissions are due 11:59 ET on Friday, August 17. Accepted speakers will be notified by September.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear What LamazeLIVE! 2018 Attendees Thought
- I am interfacing with women around the globe! Learning what happens in the UK, India, and other places while we discuss labor support in the US.
- This new format is awesome! Building bridges, creating awareness and reconnecting with passionate educators!
- LamazeLIVE?… MORE, MORE, MORE, please!
- Exit 505 was a great band at a great party during LamazeLIVE! CBEs are all about rhythm, movement and letting go! Get your dance on!