- Teaching Tips and Handouts
- Mobile App
- Online Class Presenting Partner Program
- Video Library
Walk, Move Around and Change Positions Throughout Labor
Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
Adapted from The Official Lamaze Guide: Giving Birth with Confidence.
Moving in labor serves two very important purposes. First, it helps you cope with increasingly strong and painful contractions, which signals your body to keep labor going. Second, it helps gently wiggle your baby into your pelvis and through your birth canal.
- Download the Lamaze Healthy Birth Practice Paper, available in 11 languages, to learn more about the importance of movement in labor.
- Get tips for maintaining freedom of movement in labor.
- Discover how to keep your birth as natural as possible if your movement is restricted.
- Watch a video of natural births to see how movement is used throughout labor.