Giving Birth with Confidence, Third Edition of the Official Lamaze Guide
Lamaze International is happy to unveil the third edition of The Official Lamaze Guide, now known as Giving Birth With Confidence. This new edition breaks down the amazing process of pregnancy, labor and birth, offering women and their partners trusted information to understand options and building their confidence to make decisions that support the safest, healthiest birth possible.
Giving Birth With Confidence and its companion blog have reached over a million women to empower them to approach pregnancy and birth with knowledge and confidence. This new edition includes updated evidence and information on:
- How vaginal birth, keeping mother and baby together and breastfeeding help to build the baby's microbiome.
- How hormones naturally start and regulate labor and release endorphins to help alleviate pain.
- Maternity-care practices that can disrupt the body's normal functioning.
- The latest recommendations on lifestyle issues like alcohol, vitamins and caffeine.
- Room sharing and co-sleeping: the controversy, recommendations and safety guidelines.
- Out-of-hospital births are on the rise: New research and advice on planning home birth, including ACOG's revised guidelines, which support women's choices and promote seamless transfer to hospital, if needed.
- The importance of avoiding unnecessary cesareans for mother and child. Includes the new ACOG guidelines on inductions and active labor.
- The research in support of Lamaze International's Six Healthy Birth Practices.
Get an Educator's Perspective
Click here to read Science & Sensibility's review.