Committee: Search Committee
To recruit and certify that candidates nominated for service on the Lamaze International Board of Directors are duly qualified by virtue of desire, background and membership in good standing of Lamaze International.
The Search Committee shall consist of five members: the Past-President, an Elected Director, and three (3) members of Lamaze International not serving on the Board of Directors. The Past-President shall serve as the Chair of the Search Committee. Members of the Committee, other than the current Past-President, shall be appointed by the President. Any individual who is seeking election to the Board of Directors is not eligible to sit on the Search Committee and the Search Committee shall not select one of its members to be on the slate as a candidate for an Elected Director position. Each Committee member serves a term of one (1) year.
The Committee shall:
- Issue a call for nominations for the vacant Director positions and actively seek out leadership candidates from members of Lamaze International in good standing.
- Review the qualifications of all persons nominated for service on the Lamaze International Board of Directors, and certify that individuals on the slate of candidates are duly qualified to hold the posts for which they are nominated. The Committee shall endeavor to identify candidates in accordance with the instructions of the Board of Directors regarding what experience, skills, or expertise is desirable so that the Board, as a whole, has an appropriate balance of expertise and constituency representation.
- At least 120 days prior to the meeting at which the election will be held, present to the Board of Directors a report consisting of nominations of one candidate for each Director position to be filled. The report will then be sent to the membership. The report shall include a short biographical sketch of each candidate and instructions for submitting additional nominations.
- Accept additional candidates supported by written petition by the membership. A nomination petition must signed by at least fifty (50) voting members and must be submitted to the Committee at least ninety (90) days in advance of the meeting at which the election will be held.
- At the close of the nomination period, verify that any additional candidates nominated by petition are duly qualified to hold the posts for which they are nominated.
- Inform the Board of Directors of the selection of candidates before the candidates are contacted and the slate is presented to the membership.
- Prepare a ballot that includes the candidates nominated by the Committee and any additional candidates nominated by membership petition.
- Perform other leadership position searches and such other duties as are usual for Search Committees as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Approved: April 2016