Recommended Reading List
In addition to the Learning Guide, Lamaze International has developed a list of Core Recommended Readings for Lamaze Certification Exam candidates. This list is compiled for use in conjunction with the Learning Guide. Each of these texts contains pertinent information for the childbirth educator in the areas of pregnancy, labor support, breastfeeding and early parenting.
Core Reading List
1. Goer, Henci & Romano, Amy. (2012). Optimal care in childbirth. Seattle, WA: Classic Day.
2. Lothian, Judith & DeVries, Charlotte. (2017, third edition). Giving birth with confidence - The official Lamaze guide. New York, NY: Meadowbrook Press.
3. Simkin, Penny, Bolding, April, Keppler, Ann, Durham, Janelle, & Whalley, Janet. (2016). Pregnancy, childbirth, and the newborn. New York, NY: Meadowbrook Press. There is also a companion website to this book: www.PCNGuide.com.*
4. One of the following breastfeeding books:
a. La Leche League. (2010). Womanly art of breastfeeding. Schaumburg, IL: La Leche League.
b. Mohrbacher, N. & Kendall-Tacket, K. (2010). Breastfeeding made simple. Oakland, CA: NewHarbinger Publications.
c. Newman, J. & Pitman, T. (2014). Jack Newman’s Guide to breastfeeding. London, UK: Pinter &Martin.
5. Amis, Debby & Green, Jeanne. (2015). Lamaze toolkit for childbirth educators. Washington, DC:Lamaze International. (Note: The Toolkit is an online resource and as of January 1, 2016 is included with the purchase of the Learning Guide).