Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars
Learn more about the various Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator programs, and their unique formats and offerings.
Visit the Event Calendar to find or sign up for an event.
The Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars teach how to:
- Promote the childbearing experience as a natural, safe and healthy process which profoundly affects women and their families.
- Assists women and their families to discover and use strategies to facilitate natural, safe, and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
- Help women and their families understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of labor and birth.
- Designs, teaches, and evaluates a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth.
- Create a curriculum using the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices as your foundation.
- Create classroom activities that will help you deliver an engaging childbirth education classes.
- Prepare for the Lamaze Certification Exam.
For details on bringing a Lamaze training program to your location, please contact the Lamaze Administrative Office at 202-367-2128.