Approved Providers of Continuing Education
If your Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) certification is up for renewal, in addition to retaking the Lamaze Certification Exam, you can recertify by submitting 25 contact hours of continuing education in childbirth education.
- Lamaze International
- Accredited colleges and universities (one credit hour equals 15 contact hours)
- Achieve OnDemand (Ounce of Prevention)
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Dietetic Association (ADA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) – Section on Women’s Health
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), including AWHONN update services
- DONA International (DONA)
- International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE)
- International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA)
- Midwifery Education and Accreditation Council (MEAC)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- Any state nurses association or board of nursing
- Programs that have been approved for Lamaze Contact Hours
Is your program missing from the list? Get it approved for Lamaze contact hours or encourage your provider to get it approved. Lamaze recently streamlined the process making it easier to apply and gain approval for Lamaze contact hours.
Contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-367-1128 if you have questions regarding your specific continuing education.