Submit Your Abstract for Lamaze's 2016 Conference
Abstracts Due February 17
Lamaze International invites individuals and groups involved in pregnancy, birth, and early parenting to share their expertise by submitting an abstract proposal to present at our 2016 Conference. This year's conference theme, Lamaze Is, highlights the many professions and practices that intersect with childbearing women and families to promote safe, healthy birth.
We are seeking submissions for concurrent breakout and morning exercise sessions, as well as poster presentations. Your submission should focus on one of our three presentation categories (see below) and should represent an aspect of what Lamaze Is to you.
All abstracts must be submitted by Wednesday, February 17. All accepted primary presenters will receive a $300 honorarium, as well as a $175 discount on full conference registration.
- Describe evidence-based practices from a variety of disciplines that can be integrated into childbirth education to promote normal, satisfying and healthy birth.
- Apply current adult education theory and facilitation skills into childbirth education in order to engage learners, increase learner satisfaction, and promote shared decision-making between childbearing women and their health care providers.
- Create strategies to reach the dynamic and diverse population of childbearing women and their families.
- Develop and grow a successful birth-related business.
For this track, we seek presenters who will share new research, practice guidelines and/or collaborative efforts published in the last seven (7) years that are relevant to educators and the individuals and families they work with.
For this track, we seek presenters who will inform participants about current successful education principles and creative teaching strategies and formats. Potential topics include methods to address generational gaps between educator and audience, as well as niche classes to meet the needs of diverse family, cultural, socioeconomic, age, and gender populations.
Strategic Outreach and Business Development
For this track, we seek presenters who will discuss techniques for developing a business and/or building collaborative partnerships with others that seek to reach the needs of childbearing women and their families, including regulatory agencies, hospital staff, health departments and other birth professionals.
- Wednesday, February 17: Abstract Submission Deadline
- Friday, March 18: All Submitters Notified Regarding Acceptance
Each abstract is initially reviewed and ranked by an Abstract Review Taskforce and session selection is conducted by the Conference Planning Committee. The committee ranks abstracts based on:
- Completeness: Inclusion of all required information presented in a clear manner
- Quality of presentation: Abstract is grounded in current evidenced based information.
- Innovation: Presentation introduces a new or unique insight to the childbirth profession
- Relevance: Abstract meets the conference purpose and theme.
There are always more positively ranked abstracts than there are slots available, and therefore those with the highest ranking are selected. The Conference Planning Committee appreciates the time and energy that all submitters put into the development of their session proposal. Individuals who submit that are not selected for a live presentation may be selected to present their abstract as a poster.
All abstracts must be submitted online using the Online Abstract Submission Portal. The system does not allow you to save your progress, so all submissions must be entered in one sitting and submitted immediately after completion. Incomplete submissions will jeopardize consideration of your proposal. Review the submission guidelines and instructions page prior to logging into the online submission tool.
All primary presenters whose sessions are accepted will receive a $300 honorarium and a $175 discount on full conference registration. Please note that the honorarium cannot be assigned to a co-presenter; only one honorarium per session will be paid. All presenters are required to complete the registration process by August 22, 2016. The registration discount may be assigned to either presenter, though only one discount per session will be honored. All speakers are responsible for their hotel reservation and cost.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-367-1128 with any questions about the abstract submission process.