The Lamaze Fundamentals for Birth
- Birth is normal, natural, and healthy.
- Women have an innate ability to give birth.
- The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
- Women’s confidence and ability to give birth are either enhanced or diminished by the care provider and place of birth.
- Women have a right to give birth free from routine medical intervention.
- Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers, and hospitals.
- Childbirth education empowers women to make informed choices in health care and take responsibility for their health, and to trust their innate ability to give birth.