Start a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
Are you a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for teaching childbirth education? Establish your own Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Program and join a dynamic group of people teaching Lamaze birth practices and teaching techniques around the world!
Choose from two options to develop your own Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Program: the Independent Track or the Mentorship Track. Review the Program Director Minimum Requirements, and once you've successfully completed the steps necessary to develop a program through either track, submit an accreditation application in order to establish your own Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Program.
Download the Lamaze Accreditation Policies and Procedures and Accreditation Fee Structure to learn more about Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program development, administration, and additional fees associated with the accreditation process.
Participants in the Independent Track will have the unique opportunity to work with a cohort of other LCCE Educators to develop a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar curriculum, materials, policies and marketing plans for operating a Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Program. Candidates must meet the stated Program Director minimum requirements.
Participation in the Independent Track includes the following:
- A 3 and ½ day in-person Train the Trainer workshop;
- Required reading and guided independent work on curriculum development and business plan development;
- Work with Lamaze International Nurse Planner to develop a Lamaze Childbirth Educator seminar according to the Lamaze Continuing Education Planning Process;
- Completion of the Lamaze Accreditation Application and submission of completed educational planning materials.
No Independent Track Workshops scheduled for 2016 – please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to be notified of workshops scheduled for 2017.
This track may be most appropriate for current Program Trainers or LCCE Educators who wish to become Program Trainers first in order to work under the guidance of an experienced Program Director. Candidates must meet the stated Program Director minimum requirements.
If you are interested in establishing your own Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Program through the Mentorship Track, please contact the Lamaze Administrative Office at 202-367-1128 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Director Minimum Requirements
Educators interested in establishing their own programs must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Current LCCE Educator;
- Maintain FACCE Designation;
- Support the mission, vision, and approach to birth and parenting of Lamaze International;
- Experience teaching childbirth education classes;
- Complete and submit the Biographical and Conflict of Interest Form.
- Participate in Independent Track Train the Trainer Workshop (Required only for Independent Track Applicants)
- Attend and co-teach at least one complete Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar under the supervision of an experienced and approved Program Director or Trainer (Required only for Mentorship Track Applicants)