Requirements For Those New to Childbirth Education
Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars are taught by Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs. Each accredited program is independent and establishes its own requirement for successful completion of their program. Ask the Program Director for more information about the specific requirements to successfully complete their program.
All Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs require students to:
- Attend a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar;
- Complete independent study from the Lamaze Study Guide, including core reading.
The following outside learning activities are also either required or strongly recommended:
- Observing births;
- Observing Lamaze classes;
- Completing a curriculum design for Lamaze childbirth classes;
- Student-teaching Lamaze classes