Due to recertify in 2016? There are 26 days left!
Your Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) certification is the highest standard in childbirth education, a symbol of your specialized skill and experience to colleagues and expectant parents. You must submit a recertification application every three years, along with 25 contact hours, to renew your LCCE credential.
Your LCCE Certification Sets You Apart from Other Educators
- Your LCCE certification shows that you are a seasoned, trusted educator, having demonstrated specific Lamaze competencies.
- The LCCE certification is internationally recognized and respected.
- It’s also the only childbirth education certification recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Your LCCE status connects you to a global community of seasoned educators that support safe and healthy birth experiences for new moms and their babies.
Recertification Helps You Maintain and Enhance Your Skills
- Recertification ensures that you continue to grow as an educator.
- Take advantage of the latest educational offerings and develop new teaching techniques.
- Explore current issues and refresh your knowledge of changes in childbirth education.
Unlock the Power of Lamaze International
- All LCCE Educators also receive Lamaze International membership for three years, providing you with overall net savings of more than $100/year.
- Stay informed about the latest tools, programs and developments to provide evidence-based education and support to your clients and their families.
- Be part of the largest birth advocacy community and take advantage of the variety of resources provided by Lamaze International.
Renew Your LCCE Certification: Lamaze Makes It Easy!
Visit the Online Certification Center to submit your recertification materials, track your contact hours as you earn them, and submit your recertification application. Login required to access the Certification Center. Forgot your login or password?
If your recertification date has passed, and your LCCE Educator status has lapsed, you’ll need to:
- Submit a request for an extension to complete the continuing education requirement – email email@example.com, or send a letter to: Lamaze International Administrative Office, 2025 M Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036-3309.
- Pay the $25 late fee for lapsed recertification. The check should be payable to Lamaze International (U.S. funds only). Please mail the check to the above address. You may also pay the $25 late fee with a major credit card at the time you pay for your recertification.
- If more than 18 months have passed since your recertification date, you must retake the Certification Exam to recertify.
- If less than 18 months have passed since your recertification date, you can recertify by submitting 25 contact hours, plus additional hours depending on how long your certification has lapsed:
- 0-6 months: No additional continuing education hours
- 6-12 months: Five additional continuing education hours
- 12-18 months: 10 additional continuing education hours