Get connected with fellow parent advocates in the industry and take advantage of exclusive networking opportunities. Help contribute to the Lamaze mission to promote & support safe and healthy birth through education and advocacy.
Please note: Regular membership includes all benefits listed below. Student and Birth Advocate memberships include all benefits listed below, except a post mail copy of The Journal of Perinatal Education.
- The Journal of Perinatal Education, a quarterly, peer-reviewed publication.
- Inside Childbirth Education, the Lamaze monthly newsletter
- Science and Sensibility, an online evidence-based research blog.
- Provide your parents with relevant Resources available in The Members Only Section of the Lamaze Web site.
- Boost your credibility by taking advantage of the member-licensing program and using the Lamaze Member mark on your marketing materials.
- Take your business to the next level with professional services to market your childbirth education services, including a licensing program, marketing materials, a toll-free referral service and Web site locator service for Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educators.
- Access to the Online Lamaze Career Center, for job seekers and employers alike, is an elctronic recruitment resource for our industry.
- Earn contact hours through professional development programs.
- Attend live webinars for free and receive contact hours at a discounted member rate.
- Benefit from tailored pathways and one-on-one guidance to becoming Lamaze certified.
- Enjoy discounted registration fees for the Lamaze International Annual Conference and a wide variety of specialty workshops where you can also earn contact hours. (Please note: prices & discounts may vary)
- Lamaze International Membership Directory
- The Cochrane Library - gain access to the Cochrane Library, a collection of databases containing independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making.
- Birth magazine subscriptions offered at a 50% discounted rate by Blackwell Publishing (Print and online applications available from the 'members only' page)
- Marketing materials, including the Lamaze brochure, teaching tips etc...
- Receive discounts at the Lamaze International Online Education Store on Homestudies, the Exam Prep Course, the CBE Observation DVD, and more!
- Certification Program Study Material fees are reduced by up to 50% for all current members.
- Certification Exam Application fee is reduced for all current members.
- Choices in Childbirth (CIC) national, searchable database of mother-friendly providers.
- Fed Ex/Kinko's Discount: Discounts for Lamaze Members include printing costs as well as supplies.
Your savings from these programs alone will exceed your membership dues!
The Lamaze Community
- Discussion Forums
- Join our Facebook Groups
- Follow Lamaze on Twitter
- Read our Blogs
- Member Directory
- Network at the Annual Conference
- Participate on a Lamaze Committee or the Board of Directors