The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices help simplify the birth process with a natural approach that helps alleviate fears and manage pain. Regardless of the baby’s size, labor’s length and complexity, or the mother's confidence level, these care practices will help keep labor and birth as safe and healthy as possible.
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep mother and baby together - It's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding
Download the Healthy Birth Practices booklet here.
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices featured in these video clips and print materials are tried-and-true ways to make birth as safe and healthy as possible.
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are also available in nine languages: English, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Romanian and Greek.
- Choosing a Care Provider
- Changing Your Care Provider
- If You Have Been Induced
- Maintaining Freedom of Movement
- Positions for Labor
- Finding a Doula
- Creating a Support Team
- Tips for Labor Support People
- Birth Planning Worksheet
- Choosing a Childbirth Class
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are also available in eleven languages: English, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Romanian, Greek, Arabic, and Hebrew.