- Breastfeeding Support
- Evidence-Based Nursing
- Presenter Requirements
- Purchase a License
- Approved Presenters
- Locate a Workshop
- Request Information
Lamaze Childbirth Education Training
The Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars teach how to:
- Design, teach, and evaluate a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth
- Promote the childbearing experience as a natural, safe and healthy process which profoundly affects women and their families.
- Assist women and their families to discover and use strategies to facilitate natural, safe, and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
- Help women and their families understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of labor and birth.
- Create a curriculum using the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices as your foundation.
- Create activities that will help you deliver an engaging childbirth education classes.
- Prepare for the Lamaze Certification Exam.
You can be confident in the high quality of the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar, which meets rigorous educational standards. You’ll earn a minimum of 20 Lamaze contact hours toward certification eligibility requirements and receive top-notch preparation for the Lamaze certification exam. A minimum of 20 contact hours may be earned as CNE credit for attending the entire Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Seminars* (exceptions below) and completing a post-course evaluation.
Lamaze International is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Lamaze International is also a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Download the Accreditation Policies and Procedures to learn more about the standards that guide Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs.
First-time participants in all Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars will be eligible for a complimentary student membership that will provide them with a wide range of benefits such as discounts on Lamaze products, access to a number of professional resources and access to the online Lamaze community. More details about the student membership offer can be found at Join Lamaze.
Learn more about each of the Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs:
- Birthing Babies VA
- birthwell birthright Childbirth Educator Program Australia
- Canadian Institute for Childbirth Educators
- Childbirth Educator Program of Atlantic Canada
- Family Trees Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- Family Way Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- Giving Birth Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- Healthy Mother Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- Israel Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- I.T.S. Birth Services
- Mount Royal University
- Mum's the Word Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- New York City Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- North Carolina Perinatal Association (NCPA) Lamaze Program
- Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program - Pittsburgh
- Passion for Birth Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- Teach You! Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program
- Universidad Anahuac