Lamaze International offers a variety of resources to help candidates prepare for the Certification Exam.
Lamaze Exam Blueprint
The Lamaze Exam Blueprint contains valuable information on the competencies assessed on the exam as well as their respective weights. Click here to download the blueprint.
Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Seminars help students:
- Design, teach, and evaluate a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth
- Promote the childbearing experience as a natural, safe and healthy process which profoundly affects women and their families.
- Assist women and their families to discover and use strategies to facilitate natural, safe, and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early parenting.
- Help women and their families understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of labor and birth.
- Create a curriculum using the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices as your foundation.
- Create activities that will help you deliver an engaging childbirth education classes.
- Prepare for the Lamaze Certification Exam.
Lamaze Learning Guide
The Lamaze Learning Guide is the core curriculum used in the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Program. It also can be used as a self-study, self-assessment tool by experienced educators who are preparing to sit for the Lamaze Certification Exam, or as a valuable resource and learning system for LCCE educators who want to assess and update their knowledge base.
The Lamaze Toolkit for Childbirth Educators, one of the primary core readings referenced in the Lamaze Learning Guide is included with your purchase of the Learning Guide. The Lamaze Toolkit is a curriculum guide developed specifically for Lamaze educators to enhance their own course design and teaching skills. The Lamaze Toolkit covers the Lamaze fundamentals for pregnancy, birth and parenting as well as the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices.
Exam Prep Course
Our online exam prep course allows you to practice your test taking skills and try your hand at several questions similar to the ones you may find on the Lamaze exam. It also provides information regarding the seven competencies covered, how the exam is constructed, and helpful tips on how to study for the exam.
Online Learning Modules
The Lamaze Online Learning Modules were created to offer an alternative for experienced educators to learn and understand the Lamaze approach to childbirth education and in circumstances when attending a live seminar is not an option.
Lamaze International has developed a list of core recommended readings for Lamaze Certification Exam candidates. This list is compiled for use in conjunction with the Learning Guide. Each of these texts contains pertinent information for the childbirth educator in the areas of pregnancy, labor support, breastfeeding and early parenting.