Become an Instructor
Lamaze International is seeking passionate childbirth educators, nurses, and maternal health professionals to join our team of qualified and dedicated instructors for the Evidence-Based Nursing Care: Labor Support Skills and the Reality Birth: Educate, Advocate and Motivate! workshops. Being a Lamaze Workshop Instructor means that you are able to teach the workshop at your facility, in your local community, or nationally. Check out the requirements below and download the appropriate forms.
For additional questions about becoming a Lamaze Workshop Instructor, please contact Lamaze International at 1-800-368-4404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor Minimum Requirements:
1. Support the mission, vision, and approach to birth and parenting of Lamaze International;
2. Must be a member of Lamaze International;
3. Must have experience teaching using adult learning principles;
4. Must be willing to teach according to the outline provided and only use approved handouts as provided;
5. Must have strong organizational skills;
6. Must attend the workshop which you desire to teach as a participant;
7. Must meet additional qualifications as required by the specified workshop of interest:
Evidence-Based Nursing Care: Labor Support Skills
- Have experience in labor and delivery (such as a Doula) and/or is a Registered Nurse or Nurse Midwife
- Strong interest in and understanding of current research and research process
Reality Birth: Motivate, Advocate, Educate!
- Have a current professional or provider membership with Lamaze International
- Current as a nationally certified childbirth educator
Applicants must comply with any additional workshop policy and procedures (as stipulated in the Curriculum License Purchase Agreement).
If you meet the requirements listed above and wish to become a Lamaze Workshop Instructor, complete and submit the following required documents to email@example.com. Feel free to download the Specialty Workshops handbook for more information about Lamaze Specialty Workshops.