Become an Instructor
Lamaze International is seeking passionate childbirth educators, nurses, and maternal health professionals to join our team of qualified and dedicated instructors for the Evidence-Based Nursing Care: Labor Support Skills and the Reality Birth: Educate, Advocate and Motivate! workshops. Being a Lamaze Workshop Instructor means that you are able to teach the workshop at your facility, in your local community, or nationally. Check out the requirements below and download the appropriate forms.
For additional questions about becoming a Lamaze Workshop Instructor, please contact Lamaze International at 202-367-1128 or email@example.com.
Instructor Minimum Requirements:
- Support the mission, vision, and Lamaze fundamentals for pregnancy, birth and parenting;
- Current member of Lamaze International;
- Demonstrate teaching experience to professional audience at regional or national level within the last two years; provide evaluations and professional reference;
- Must complete US Cochrane Center’s online course “Understanding Evidence-based Healthcare: A Foundation for Action” or demonstrate comparable achievement/academic background in research;
- Observe workshop you desire to teach prior to teaching [strongly recommended]
- Must be willing to teach according to the outline provided and use only approved handouts, as provided;
- Instructors must meet additional qualifications as required by the specified workshop of interest.
Evidence-Based Nursing Care: Labor Support Skills
- Demonstrate experience in labor and delivery and/or be RN or nurse midwife;
- Demonstrate interest in and understanding of current research and research process
Breastfeeding Support Specialist Workshop
- Current IBCLC preferred; must demonstrate strong professional background in breastfeeding
Applicants must comply with any additional workshop policy and procedures (as stipulated in the Curriculum License Purchase Application).
If you meet the requirements listed above and wish to become a Lamaze Workshop Instructor, complete and submit the following required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the Continuing Education Policies and Procedures for more information about Lamaze Specialty Workshops.