All workshops must be presented by an approved presenter, who must agree to all the terms and conditions of the Lamaze Continuing Education Policies and Procedures.
Presenter Minimum Requirements:
- Support the mission, vision, and Lamaze fundamentals for pregnancy, birth and parenting;
- Current member of Lamaze International;
- Demonstrate teaching experience to professional audience at regional or national level within the last two years; provide evaluations and professional reference;
- Must complete US Cochrane Center’s online course Understanding Evidence-based Healthcare or demonstrate comparable achievement/academic background in research;
- Observe workshop you desire to teach prior to teaching [strongly recommended]
- Must be willing to teach according to the outline provided and use only approved handouts, as provided;
- Presenters must meet additional qualifications as required by the specified workshop of interest.
Evidence-Based Nursing Care: Labor Support Skills
- Demonstrate experience in labor and delivery and/or be RN or nurse midwife;
- Demonstrate interest in and understanding of current research and research process
Breastfeeding Professional Support Workshop
- Current IBCLC preferred; must demonstrate strong professional background in breastfeeding
Applicants must comply with any additional workshop policy and procedures (as stipulated in the Curriculum License Purchase Application).